Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Winter Thriving

I love xcountry skiing; those trails leave me feeling truly happy. Ontario's forests in wintertime are a beautiful place to be. Silent and clean. Meditative; deep breathing fresh, clean air feels great.

As a whole body workout and stretch, its unbeatable. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Goodlife membership and watching the Food Network when I’m working on my fitness. But its a pretty solitary event. There's also the connection time factor with favorite fellow skiers. Shared happiness is the best kind. Photo credit

Canadian Winter/Snow/Art/Research Huzzah! Shout out to Lab Space Studio for their innovative Snow Days collaborative ‘arts based research project'. Here's Melissa Penney's Feb. 17th Documentation from Labspace Studio:

RESOURCES

Ontario Trails
Ski Ontario
Kawartha Nordic Ski Club (KNSC)
ABOUT ONTARIO'S FORESTS | Ministry of Natural Resources


No comments: